AutoSolve is the latest tool by AYCD, allowing you to connect OneClick with supported bots to make OneClick a default Captcha Solver. By connecting bots to OneClick, it becomes your Captcha solving hub - allowing for captcha challenges to be sent to OneClick and optionally to supported 3rd party solvers like 2Captcha, AntiCaptcha and CapMonster.
Nebula AutoSolve Setup:
Before proceeding with the setup for Nebula and AutoSolve it is required that you have read the AutoSolve - Getting Started Guide. Once you have read through the Getting Started Guide and you have AutoSolve is enabled you can proceed with the setup using the steps below.
- Launch OneClick and go to the AutoSolve menu option. From here you can use the Go To Dashboard button, or you can go to the website dashboard and access your AutoSolve Dashboard.
- From your dashboard get your AYCD Access Token by pressing copy under the AutoSolve Access Token.
- If you don't already have Nebula open, open it and go to settings.
- From settings then you can paste that token into Nebula in the AYCD AutoSolve Access Token field.
- Next from the dashboard, you will need to create an AutoSolve Bot API Key for Nebula, remember that you will need a different one for each bot. When selecting a name it is best to use the name of the bot so that you can easily identify it.
- Once you have created your API Key for Nebula, use the copy button and it will copy your Bot API Key to your clipboard. Then you can paste that token into Nebula under the Api Key Field and press connect.
- After you have added both your Access token and Bot API Key click on Connect if you have entered the correct information it should turn to a Disconnect Button.
At this point, the setup portion for Nebula and AutoSolve has been completed.
Running Nebula with AutoSolve:
Create your Nebula tasks, once you have completed the above steps in settings there is nothing specific you need to do in order to use AutoSolve.
In OneClick there is some setup required dependent on if you wish to use your OneClick Accounts:
- Launch OneClick and go to the Accounts menu option. Right-click an account and Start AutoSolve, or click on Options > Start AutoSolve > All, to start up all your accounts as Solvers within the category.
- Upon trying to start up accounts you will be asked about which Solver Type to startup. It is important to note that Checkpoint Solvers are only used for Shopify Checkpoint Captcha. When using AutoSolve with Nebula you must use the Normal Solver as Supreme only requires Invisible Secure captchas read more about solver types here.
- Then when you run your Nebula tasks when there is a task that requires a captcha it will request it from your accounts in OneClick.