Two-Factor Authentication or 2FA is an extra layer of security for your AYCD account. Programs like Bitwarden or Google Authenticator can be used to create a Time-based One-time Password, which is required after logging in with your Username and Password. This means that without having access to your phone or your Bitwarden account that even if someone has your username and password, they will be unable to login to your account.
To enable 2FA on your AYCD Account:
- Login to your AYCD account to the dashboard.
- Go to Profile along the sidebar.
- From there, select Authenticator from the dropdown and click on Save Settings.
- After you click on save, you will be brought to a screen where you will need to Verify your 2FA. If you don't already, here is where you will want to download your Time-based One-time Password program of choice. (Bitwarden, Authy, Google Authenticator) From there, you will either enter the Secret Key or scan the QR code.
- After you enter it you will start to see your Verification Code come up in the program. You will need to take that code and enter it in the Verification Code box and hit Confirm Code.
After you have completed the process, your account will be secured, and when you try to log in to your account, you will be shown a window where you will have to enter your verification code. Your account is now secured with 2FA!