Error #1625 is a Windows error that comes up during installation if a security policy on the computer has been enabled. You can adjust the setting to allow you to install but you will have to login as an Administrator to make the changes. Note, you must restart your computer/server BEFORE following the steps below.
Please ensure before using the below steps that you right-click on the application and run as administrator first.
- Click on Start, type Control Panel and press Enter
- Click on User Accounts. Under your name, it would indicate if you are an Administrator. If you are, proceed with the steps below, otherwise, you may have to let another user with Administrator rights to give you access to proceed.
Here’s how to fix the error:
- Click on Start and type gpedit.msc then press Enter
- Select Administrative Templates under Computer Configuration
- Double-click on Windows Components
- Double-click on Windows Installer
Select Enabled and click Apply, then set Disable Windows Installer to NEVER then click OK to save the changes.
Click OK on the error prompt and retry installing.