You can create filters to hide emails from appearing in the Emails view. This enables you to automatically avoid seeing emails without needing to delete them.
Setup & Recommendations
- You need to add Mail Credentials to Inbox to view emails. Click here to learn how to add Mail Credentials to Inbox.
- Most email providers require you to use an App Password to access IMAP.
- Filters do not delete emails from Inbox. The emails are hidden from view based on your Filters.
1. Navigate over to the Filters section of Inbox in Mail. This section has an icon that looks like a funnel titled Filters when you hover over it.
2. Click the Create button at the top left of the view. The Create Mail Filter dialog will appear.
3. By default, Filters are saved to the All category. You can override this and specify a category to create your Filter into a unique category.
4. Specify the Type of filter to apply to the mail. For example, you can select the Subject Contains Type if you want to hide emails with specific text in the Subject.
5. If you want to enable this Filter, click the Enabled checkbox.
6. You can test your Filter to see if it matches any emails currently in Inbox. If the filter matches, it will show the amount of emails filtered in green text.
7. After configuring the dialog, click the Save button. Your filter will be saved and will appear in the tableview.