SMS Credentials are used in the SMS section of the Inbox to be used either to get numbers locally or by using the API.
Setup & Recommendations
- The setup for all the providers is different, so we have created separate sections of the guide for each provider. You can access the guide here.
- I highly recommend reviewing the guides found in the Inbox section of Zendesk. These guides contain all the information you need to use Inbox.
Adding SMS Credentials
1. Navigate over to the Credentials section within SMS in Inbox. This section has an icon that looks like a book with a person on it titled Credentials when you hover over it.
2. Click on the Create button at the top left of the view.
3. This opens the Create Provider Credentials dialog. You can select the Provider from the drop-down and include the necessary information for your specific provider. The SMS Credentials Guide covers how to find this information for each Provider.
4. Once you have added the information, click Save.
5. Inbox will try to check the Balance to verify whether the credentials are valid, and it'll display a Status Message along with the balance found.
With SMS Provider Credentials added to Inbox, you can create Task Templates.