You can run the Mail Scraper on existing templates to extract data from your emails. You can view the extracted data in the Scraped Data tab after selecting the template or in a CSV form.
Setup & Recommendations
- Before using the Run Mail Scraper Tool, you must have synced mail to Inbox.
- Before using the Run Mail Scraper Tool, you must create a Mail Scraper Template. Learn more about Mail Scraper Templates here.
Run Mail Scraper
1. Navigate over to the Emails section of Inbox in Mail. This section has an envelope icon titled Emails when you hover over it.
2. Select the emails you want to Run Mail Scraper from in the table.
3. Click on the Tools button at the top right of the view or right-click on the table and click on Tools. This will bring up the Tools dialog for Inbox.
4. Click the dropdown and choose Run Mail Scraper.
5. Click Start.
6. The Run Inbox Scraper dialog will appear. From here, you can select the template that will be used to export the selected items.
7. Click the Export button.
8. You can view the status of all your Inbox tasks by clicking the Running Background Tasks button on the top right of Inbox.
9. The completed dialog confirms your data was successfully exported.
10. After you have exported Mail using a Template, you can view the exported data either by clicking on the folder icon in the Scraper Templates tab or Navigating to the Scraper Data section and selecting your Mail Template in the Scraper Template(s) dropdown. Your exported data will populate in the Scraper Data section.
11. You can choose multiple Scraper Templates to aggregate your data in one table view. You can export your Scraper Data via CSV by clicking File, then the Export button. You can learn more about Scraper Data here.