Accounts can be crucial to check out on a retailer's website. Profile Builder helps you automate resetting your lost accounts to make managing your accounts easier than ever.
Setup & Recommendations
- You must have Google Chrome or Brave installed to use Account Generation. If you do not have it installed, when you try to generate accounts, it will prompt you to install it.
- Before generating accounts, add your Mail Credentials to Profile Builder. Mail Credentials are essential to automate the account creation process on many websites.
- You should use proxies if you want to update more than one account from one website. You'll be able to learn more about adding proxies to Profile Builder here.
- If the website you are resetting from requires a captcha, you can specify whether you want to solve the challenge manually, send the captcha to OneClick through AutoSolve, or use AutoSolve AI directly in the browser. To use AutoSolve, you must have entered a Bot API Key in Settings. You can learn more about AutoSolve here.
1. Navigate to the Account Builder section in Profile Builder under Accounts. This section has an icon that looks like a cog titled Account Builder when you hover over it.
2. Click the Create button in the top left of the program.
3. Select which store flow you want to use to update your account(s), then click the Next button.
4. By default, Accounts are saved in a Category with the store's name. You can override this and specify a category name to have your accounts reset into a unique category.
5. Some stores may require a Captcha to be solved for the account to be reset successfully. Under the Captcha Solve Type dropdown, you can specify whether you want to solve the challenge manually, send the captcha to OneClick through AutoSolve, or use AutoSolve AI directly in the browser. To use AutoSolve, you must have entered a Bot API Key in Settings.
6. Specify the Browser Type you want to use to reset the accounts. If you have not downloaded Google Chrome or Brave, it will fail and prompt you to install the selected browser.
7. If you want your reset accounts sent to a Discord channel in a CSV format, you can use the Send to Discord checkbox. This setting requires you to have a Discord Webhook in Settings.
8. Specify which Accounts you want to reset.
9. Specify which Proxy Categories you want to use during resetting. When resetting more than 1 account, proxies are suggested.
- You can use the Retry failed tasks with a random proxy checkbox to automatically try a new proxy.
- You can use the Hide already assigned proxy configurations checkbox to prevent an account from being reset using a proxy already attached to that store's account.
- You can use the Use Proxy From Account checkbox to use the proxy already associated with the selected account.
10. You can set a custom Password for your accounts or use the refresh icon to the right to have one created for you. This password will be used on all the accounts you are resetting. If you use Enforce Strong Password Requirements, it will check your provided password against strong password requirements. We recommend using the Use Random Password per Task option to create a unique password for each account.
11. If the store requires email verification to reset an account successfully, you can use the Mail Credentials section. This requires you to have previously added Mail Credentials to Profile Builder. Use the dropdown to select the Catchall/Forwarded or Individual Mail Credentials you are using to scan for Email OTP codes.
12. After configuring the dialog, click the Start button. Your accounts will start resetting! You can find your newly reset accounts in the Account Credentials section. Click here for more details on the Account Credentials section.