Locking your Virtual Cards can prevent unauthorized charges when not using your cards. This is a valuable security measure to protect your cards, which can easily be unlocked when you need to use them next.
Setup & Recommendations
- Before locking and unlocking your virtual cards, add your Provider Credentials to Profile Builder. After adding Provider Credentials, you can Generate New Cards or Import Existing Cards.
- Not all providers support locking virtual cards. After the 5th step below, you can see whether or not a provider supports locking virtual cards.
- Do not lock virtual cards if you intend to use them within 24 hours to ensure you have enough time to unlock them. Depending on the provider, locking a virtual card can take seconds or minutes.
Locking Virtual Cards
1. Navigate over to the Virtual Cards section of Profile Builder in Profiles. This section has the credit card icon titled Virtual Cards when you hover over it.
2. Select the virtual cards you want to lock in the table.
3. Click on the Tools button at the top right of the view or right-click on the table and click on Tools. This will bring up the Tools dialog for virtual cards.
4. Click the dropdown and choose Lock Cards.
5. Click Start.
6. Review the virtual cards in the dialog to be locked. Once you are sure these are the virtual cards you want to be locked, click Yes at the bottom right of the dialog.
7. The operation will start, and the status will be displayed in the top right of Profile Builder under the clock. You can check on the status of all jobs at any time by clicking on the current status text in the top right.
8. Once the job is completed, it will show the final result. In this case, 5/5 virtual cards were locked successfully. If any virtual cards cannot be locked, the result will reflect how many were successful, and you can try to lock them again.
As seen above, the virtual cards will also update their status in the table with a red lock icon. This is a quick way to see whether a card is locked.